Rorate Caeli

Negativity?

Now, I really like the "Friends of La Nef" blog, and I could well say I'm a friend of La Nef myself -- if with this they mean the French Catholic news outlet.

However, I'm quite puzzled by Kevin Tierney's new article in "The Case for Catholic Principles" series: he criticizes some groups of Catholics for "negativity". And, of course, Traditionalists had to come first in the list of criticisms:

"For the Traditionalist, all too often they are not putting forth a positive case for the traditions of Catholicism, but rather an attack upon how what we have today contradicts that tradition." (Notice the "traditions" and "tradition" with lower t.)

Anyway, the irony is that, in an article in which the writer advocates "Positive Thinking", he takes the time to be "negative" towards other groups of Catholics. Naturally, people like Mr. Tierney (and several others) consider themselves "mainstream Catholics". They are "above these fringe classes" of Catholics. Which is why, I suppose, THEY can be "negative"...