Rorate Caeli

Aparecida Notes: The Pope in Brazil - I

I am very happy to be able to spend a few days with the Brazilian people. I know that the soul of this people, as that of all Latin America, conserves radically Christian values which will never be cancelled. And I am certain that, during the General Conference of the Episcopate, such identity will be reinforced, by promoting respect for life, from its conception to its natural decline, as a demand proper to human nature... .

Benedict XVI
Initial Greetings
São Paulo, Brazil, May 9, 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking at the picture of the Pontifical High Mass. Does it mean that the Holy Father is celebrating Mass turned toward the Lord? Looks like it on the picture you posted. Could you confirm it? Thank you.

New Catholic said...

It says 1954.