Rorate Caeli
Rorate Exclusive: Excommunication of Norma Jean Coon Lifted

Rorate Caeli first broke the news that Mrs. Norma Jean Coon, who once pretended to be ordained a deacon in the Catholic Church, had returned to the Faith and publicly repented. We then reported that she was not only attending daily Mass -- without receiving the sacraments, of course -- but a Traditional Latin Mass.

We can now report, praise God, that Mrs. Coon's excommunication has been lifted by Rome. We can also tell you that she now attends daily adoration of the Blessed Sacrament along with Holy Mass.

Mrs. Coon: "The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has lifted any canonical sanctions that I incurred by attempting ordination as a deacon. A letter from Bishop Robert Brom states that I may now return to the full practice of our Catholic faith. I have been very touched at the remarkable support of my actions and the prayers offered in my behalf during this trying time. I wish to thank all those who have prayed for me and for my family. The prayers and masses have been deeply appreciated. May Lent and Easter hold many blessings for you and your family."

Welcome back to the Church, good and humble servant!

And please remember to follow @RorateCaeli on Twitter.