Rorate Caeli

De necessitatibus meis eripe me, Domine

The troubles of my heart are multiplied: deliver me from my concerns, O Lord. See my abjection and my labor; and forgive me all my sins. (Gradual for the Second Sunday in Lent.)
"May the Virgin Mary beseech for us
from her Son crowned with thorns
the grace of being humble,
of not caring about ourselves,
of forgetting ourselves in all things,
so that Jesus Christ may freely establish
his Reign in our hearts and in our whole lives."
Fr. Roger-Thomas Calmel, O.P.

__________________________________________

Jeremias XVIII

I searched deep within my heart,
but found nothing.
Vainglory and worldly concerns pain me.
My shallowness brings forth tears,
tears that others cannot see,
tears of pitiful self-commiseration...

Lord, please make of me whatever you want.
Undo me and redo this clay of mine
in any way you desire.

Please, let me rest on you, my Lord.
Please, fill this new vessel with humiliation,
and disregard for self,
and acceptance of sacrifice.
Fill it with the courage to follow your will.

Christ, I am so overwhelmed:
fill me with your simplicity,
fill me with your mercy,
fill me with your love,
that I may forever forsake love for this earth and its goods.

Hear, o Lord, my voice and my supplication.