Rorate Caeli

Time for prayer

Cor Iesu Sacratissimum, miserere nobis!

O, how good and delightful it is to dwell in the Heart of Jesus!

Thy Heart, O good Jesus, is a precious treasure, a precious pearl which we have found by digging the field of Thy Body.

Who will cast aside this pearl? Nay, rather I will give all I have, I will exchange all my thoughts and desires and purchase it.

I will cast all my care on the Heart of the Lord Jesus and He will provide for me without fail. I will adore in this temple, this Holy of Holies, this Ark of the Testament, and I will praise the name of the Lord, saying with David, "I have found my heart that I may pray to my God. And I have found the heart of my King, my Brother, my Friend, the benign Jesus, and why shall I not adore?" Certainly, I shall thus pray.

For His Heart is mine. I will say it boldly, for Christ is my Head: is it not mine what belongs to my Head? Therefore, as the eyes of my corporal head are truly my eyes, so is my spiritual Heart is my heart.

Therefore, it is well within me: truly I have but one Heart with Jesus and no wonder that there should be but one Heart in the multitude of believers.
Saint John Eudes