COMMUNIQUÉ OF THE SECRETARIAT OF STATE
The Holy Father Francis, taking up a suggestion that emerged in the course of the General Congregations before the Conclave, has established a group of Cardinals to counsel him in the government of the universal Church and to study a project of revision of the Apostolic Constitution Pastor bonus [of Pope John Paul II] on the Roman Curia.
This group is made up of:
- Card. Giuseppe Bertello, President of the Governatorate of the Vatican City State;
- Card. Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa, Archbishop emeritus of Santiago de Chile (Chile);
- Card. Oswald Gracias, Archbishop of Bombay (India);
- Card. Reinhard Marx, Archbishop of Munich and Freising (Germany);
- Card. Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya, Archbishop of Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of the Congo);
- Card. Sean Patrick O’Malley, O.F.M. Cap., Archbishop of Boston (U.S.A.);
- Card. George Pell, Archbishop of Sydney (Australia);
- Card. Oscar Andrés Rodríguez Maradiaga, S.D.B., Archbishop of Tegucigalpa (Honduras), functioning as Coordinator;
- H.E. Bp. Marcello Semeraro, Bishop of Albano [Italy], functioning as Secretary.
The first collective meeting of the group is scheduled for October 1-3, 2013; nevertheless, His Holiness is henceforth in contact with the mentioned Cardinals.