Rorate Caeli
An update on the Rorate Caeli Purgatorial Society ...


Just 24 hours ago we announced the new Rorate Caeli Purgatorial Society (see previous post below). I would like to personally thank everyone who has wished us well on this new apostolate and offered prayers for its success.

In terms of the response, we have already received names to be enrolled by nearly 40 people, most of whom each sent numerous names of passed loved ones.

Possibly even more remarkable is that we also have already secured three holy priests to offer weekly Traditional Latin Masses for all the souls enrolled in the Society! I will make two of the priests' names known on Friday when the first listing of souls is posted (one of the priests must remain anonymous for now). The first TLM will take place this Friday, October 1, at 11 a.m. CST for those here who would like to unite themselves spiritually to the Mass. If there are other priests who would like to do the same, please email me. Also, for our readers, please remember these good priests in your prayers as well.

I would also like to thank The Remnant, New Advent and Vatican Watcher for sharing the news of our Purgatorial Society on their fine websites and I ask all of our sister blogs to please consider sharing the original link to our announcement below with your readers. We want everyone to know that, while sadly many Catholics neither pray for the dead nor even believe in Purgatory, there is a place they can turn, free of charge, to help bring eternal rest and perpetual light to their suffering loved ones.

Our Lady Queen of Purgatory, ora pro nobis!

And please remember to follow @RorateCaeli on Twitter.

11 comments:

sjgmore said...

We want everyone to know that, while sadly many Catholics neither pray for the dead nor even believe in Purgatory, there is a place they can turn, free of charge, to help bring eternal rest and perpetual light to their suffering loved ones.

I'm so glad to see you providing this apostolate. I've been utterly disheartened for a long time about the lack of concern for the souls in purgatory. I've had a strong devotion to praying for the dead even since before becoming Catholic (in fact, I first took steps towards becoming Catholic after a minister told me it was "useless" to pray for the soul of my dead grandmother).

I'll never forget a youth group function when I told my peers that I regularly prayed for the dead, and they were so oblivious to the fact that this what part of our religion that I just got awkward stares. Apparently being concerned for the repose of the dead was something only morbid social lepers would do.

Anonymous said...

I'd be delighted to offer the Old Rite for the society's intentions. Please let me know how I can contact you with more details.

Christopher J. Paulitz said...

Father Anonymous, please email me at cpaulitz@yahoo.com

I can no longer offer a stipend as there are now nearly a handful of priests saying Mass for us, but I would be thrilled if you would do this as well. Please email me.

nazareth priest said...

All you faithful and traditional Catholics: PLEASE DO NOT be disheartened that in many places, prayers and Masses for our beloved dead are not done or honored; many, many contemplative monasteries and communities pray daily and offer Masses for the dead regularly...just to give you some consolation...our little, obscure and unknown monastic community offers monthly Masses for the Poor Souls enrolled in our November Masses; we have a Novena in November; and weekly Masses for these souls during November. And we pray daily for them.
And, many Carmels, Poor Clare Monasteries, Carthusian monasteries, etc. do pray for the dead each and every day; a contemplative vocation absolutely requires that one prays for the "most forgotten souls"...so do not be discouraged or downcast...but, please enroll your beloved deceased in this Purgatorial Society...and rest assured that consecrated souls will lovingly entrust them to the Mercy of Almighty God. Bless you!

Christopher J. Paulitz said...

Thank you for the inspiration Father!

joy said...

Did I read this correctly, that several people have submitted names of their deceased family members? I was under the impression names submitted must have passed away in the last month. If I am wrong, I'd like to submit my family members to be remembered.

Anonymous said...

How can I add names of faithful departed to the intentions of the Mass tomorrow on October 1? I have no recourse to asking a Traditional Priest here in Toronto to offer Masses for faithful departed.

The foundation of this Society was long overdue and truly The Most Blessed Trinity's will. It is my humble view that some of the greatest victims of this modern day and global apostasy are the souls of purgatory who find even their faithful descendants and relatives paying less and less attention to their needs for relief from the fires.

Thanks for this.

Abandoned Faithful Catholic in Toronto.

Anonymous said...

Wondering if PKTP and Rorate will publish the news of the Poor Sisters Episcopalian parish Maryland that will be converting en masse to the faith as an Anglican-use parish under A. Coetibus? Would be infomrative to hear of PKTP's perspective on that.

Christopher J. Paulitz said...

Joy and others:

In the update from yesterday, I relaxed the rules upon request.

If they passed longer than a month ago, you may still send me the names, or simply the family name. I'll be posting this in the morning, American eastern time.

Anonymous said...

Dear CP
Please add:

Edward Spiteri, Sliema, Malta
Albert Spiteri, Hamrun, Malta
Ronnie Agius, Detroit, Michigan
Michael Muscat, Malton, Ontario
Giuseppe Licari, Balzan, Malta
Giuseppina Licari, Balzan, Malta
Michael Licari, Balzan, Malta
Giuseppina Vittoria, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Kathy Smith, London, Ontario

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Dear CP
Please add:

Edward Spiteri, Sliema, Malta
Albert Spiteri, Hamrun, Malta
Ronnie Agius, Detroit, Michigan
Michael Muscat, Malton, Ontario
Giuseppe Licari, Balzan, Malta
Giuseppina Licari, Balzan, Malta
Michael Licari, Balzan, Malta
Giuseppina Vittoria, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Kathy Smith, London, Ontario

Thanks