End of the 2012 Chapter: Communiqué of the Superior General
Denton, Wednesday July 18, 2012
The final session of the fifth General Chapter of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter took place on July 17, 2012. The Capitulants carried out their work, united together through charity, with a great zeal and dedication. They were able to approve a number of texts and directories which will be of long lasting service to the sanctification of its members. More importantly, the days of discussion were a testimony to the fundamental attachment of its members to the direction given to the Fraternity at the moment of its foundation.
Today, on this 24th anniversary of the foundation of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, Fr. Walthard Zimmer, youngest among the founders of the FSSP, preached at the votive Mass of Ss. Peter and Paul to close the General Chapter. He pointed out how the prayer for this week reminds us of the debt of gratitude we have to the hand of Providence throughout these 24 years: Deus, cuius providentia in sui dispositione non fállitur: te súpplices exorámus; ut nóxia cunta submoveas, et ómnia nobis profutúra concédas. (God, whose providence in its plan is not circumvented, humbly we implore You, that you clear away every fault and grant us all benefits.)
May God’s Providence continue to guide us in these next six years!
Following the General Chapter and the first meetings of the newly elected General Council, the elections and a number of nominations can be announced:
The General Chapter has elected the following:
- Fr. John Berg, Superior General for six years;
- Fr. José Calvin Torralbo, Fr. Patrick du Faÿ de Choisinet and Fr. Andrzej Komorowski as Assistants for six years;
- Fr. John Brancich and Fr. Josef Bisig as Counselors for six years.
The Superior General has nominated the following with the approval of his General Council:
- Fr. Patrick du Faÿ de Choisinet as Rector of the International Seminary of St. Peter in Wigratzbad for two years;
- Fr. Josef Bisig as Rector of the International Seminary of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Denton, USA) for three years;
- Fr. Vincent Ribeton as District Superior of France for three years;
- Fr. Axel Maussen as Superior of the Germanophone District for three years;
- Fr. Eric Flood as Superior of the North American District for three years;
- Fr. Arnaud Evrat as General Secretary for three years.(Source: FSSP)