Rorate Caeli

Pray for him, do penance for him

I ask you to pray for me.
Madrid, August 20, 2011

Please pray for me, that I may exercise my ministry well, as long as the Lord may wish.
Letter to Seminarians, October 18, 2010

I ask you also to pray for me, for my ministry as the Successor of Peter, and for the needs of the Church throughout the world.
London, September 18, 2010

Dear brothers and sisters, I should like to invite you to pray for me, the Successor of Peter, who have a specific task in governing the Church of Christ, as have all your Bishops and priests. Pray that we may know how to take care of all the sheep, including those that are lost, that make up the flock entrusted to us.
Rome, May 26, 2010

My dear friends – at this moment I can only say: pray for me, that I may learn to love the Lord more and more. Pray for me, that I may learn to love his flock more and more – in other words, you, the holy Church, each one of you and all of you together. Pray for me, that I may not flee for fear of the wolves. Let us pray for one another, that the Lord will carry us and that we will learn to carry one another.
Pope Benedict XVI
Mass for the inauguration
Rome, April 25, 2005