Rorate Caeli

Events: Join the FSSP in Fatima, Monks of Norcia in Italy

Event: From Sept. 17 - 27, a Confraternity of St. Peter pilgrimage to Fatima, Portugal, Santiago de Compostela & Madeira Island with Fr. James Fryar, FSSP & Fr. Gregory Pendergraft, FSSP, will take place -- IF enough souls sign up.

Highlighting the great peacemakers of the early 20th Century, Our Lady of Fatima and Blessed Emperor Karl I, the Last Hapsburg, the journey will take you to Madeira. This is where the holy monarch was exiled to in 1921, medieval Santiago de Compostela, Spain & Fatima, Portugal; the land chosen by Heaven to reveal to the world a goldmine of peace & hope.

For more information contact: Syversen Touring
Phone: 1-800-334-5425

Also ...

We are delighted to announce a pilgrimage "In the Footsteps of St. Benedict" with the Very Rev. Cassian Folsom, O.S.B., at the end of October 2012.

For more information, visit our site here.

9 comments:

Marla said...

Awesome! Is this a pilgrimage of reparation? It didn't really say but I'm sure it must be. I would love to go!

Tish said...

This is going to be an amazing pilgrimage! It would be great to have a few Rorate Caeli readers come along! If we have enough we can continue our CSP tradition of singing Compline together each evening of the pilgrimage.
Please consider joining us!
Tish Gallagher

Adfero said...

For our readers that go, we'll give you space to report the time you had.

FDC said...

@ Marla

If you are referring to reparation for what was committed in Fatima a few years back, I don't think the FSSP is allowed to acknowledge the need or raise a voice against it.

I'd like to go too but only to add my voice to those who say "I'm sorry, Jesus. I'm sorry, Mary. I'm so very sorry."

Gravitas said...

What are you referring to FDC?

James the elder said...

Oh yes. The desecration of the Shrine at Fatima. When the pagan idol was placed on the holy Altar and their demon gods were worshipped during some interreligious nonsense. I remember. Unfortunately, I will never be able to forget it.

Annick said...

I have been on one of the FSSP pilgrimages, made friends who are still my friends. It was well run. Loved it. Great memories. I just wish I could join them again this year.

Lillian said...

Reparation to the Sacred Heart and to Our Lady are very important. It can be made anywhere, and perhaps best during exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.

A pilgrimage is something very special. Some people look at it as a vacation, seeing holy places with the TLM, and good priests. For others it is something interior. A journey to bring you closer to Our Lord seeing Holy places, holy priests, and the Holy Mass.

I took my eldest daughter last year and plan to take my eldest son this year. Hopefully he will be drawn closer to Our Lord and Our Lady as welklk.

Hope some of you reading this will consider making the journey. It could be truly an event that could change your life.

Julia of Arc said...

Most of these pilgrimages are unique because they take you out of the beaten pattern. The visit to the tomb of King Karl is a shock to me. I have a picture of this holy king in my livingroom,I pray to him, Queen Zita is considered venerable also by the church. Together they suffered a great deal.
Having the Latin Mass said for you everyday of the journey is priceless!
Julia of Arc