Rorate Caeli

Immersing oneself in the pool of our Savior

B.E.Murillo
Christ healing the Paralytic at the Pool of Bethesda
__________________________________________

There is at Jerusalem, by the Sheepgate, a pool called in Hebrew Bethsaida [Bethesda], having five porticoes. In these were lying a great multitude of the sick, blind, lame, and those with shriveled limbs, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel of the Lord used to come down at certain times into the pool, and the water was troubled. And the first to go down into the pool after the troubling of the water was cured of whatever infirmity he had. Now a certain man was there who had been thirty-eight years under his infirmity. When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had been in this state a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to get well?" The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred; for while I am coming, another steps down before me." Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your pallet and walk." And at once the man was cured. And he took up his pallet and began to walk. (From the Gospel for Ember Friday in Lent, St. John, v)
__________________________________________


Matthäus-Passion - J.S.Bach 
Ich will dir mein Herze schenken

Senke dich, mein Heil, hinein!
  Ich will mich in dir versenken;
  Ist dir gleich die Welt zu klein,
  Ei, so sollst du mir allein
  Mehr als Welt und Himmel sein.

I will give You my heart;
immerse within, My Savior!
  I will immerse into You;
  although the world is too small for You,
  ah, You alone shall be for me
  more than heaven and earth.