Rorate Caeli

Ponam thronum regni tui super Israel in sempiternum

And it came to pass when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the Lord, and the king's house, and all that he desired, and was pleased to do, that the Lord appeared to him the second time, as he had appeared to him in Gabaon. And the Lord said to him: "I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, which thou hast made before me: I have sanctified this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever, and my eyes and my heart shall be there always. And if thou wilt walk before me, as thy father walked, in simplicity of heart, and in uprightness: and wilt do all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my ordinances and my judgments,


"I will establish the throne of thy kingdom over Israel for ever, 
as I promised David thy father, saying: 
There shall not fail a man of thy race 
upon the throne of Israel."


(I Kings ix, 1-5 - Roman Breviary, Lesson for Matins for this Sunday)

(Congratulations to the new Deacons; and to the Priests ordained to the everlasting Priesthood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Eternal King and Priest, of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. Ordination week, as we had announced, was the first week of July. Cardinal Burke conferred the Priestly Ordinations on 5 deacons on July 4. Image source: ICKSP Facebook page)